Join the Next Collective
Interested in finding out more about our next collective?
We are looking for like-minded people to join our upcoming projects.
Our vision is to create developments with architectural and environmental integrity that deliver real financial and social capital for all members of the collective. We want to create a rewarding shared experiences and an end product that we can all be proud of. To achieve this we want partners that are committed to sharing, to openness and collaboration.
We are currently working on delivering 54 homes worth nearly $68m across our projects in Northcote, Thornbury, West Melbourne, North Melbourne, Brunswick, Brunswick West and St Kilda.
Our focus for future projects will be on quality developments of between 5 to 10 homes. At the moment we have three collectives forming:
- A near north collective – North Melb, Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Carlton, Collingwood & Abottsford
- An inner north collective – Clifton Hill, Northcote, Fairfield, Thornbury, The Brunswicks & Coburg
- A south of the river collective – Windsor, St Kilda, Elsternwick, Balaclava, Ripponlea & Gardenvale
From a financial perspective partners in the next collective would require:
- A budget of around $600k – $1.2m
- Capital or equity contribution of between $200k-$400k spread over the 3 – 3.5 year life of the project. The exact amount will depend on the location of the site we secure and the scale of the project.
- Ability to service a mortgage of around $400k-$800k at completion of the project – partners will need to service take out finance secured against their individual townhouse as these funds will be used to settle the construction loan.
We will be targeting a project with end values in the range of $700k-$1.4m.
We have also started to explore the possibility of doing cohousing collectives which will allow people with smaller budgets and preferences for single level homes to join our projects. Click here to find out more.
To find out more about the Next Collective, including the locations we will be targeting, forecast timing, the financial parameters and more detailed information on how our joint ventures are structured and managed, complete the Get in Touch form for a copy of our The Next Collective information pack.