A Collective in Melbourne’s West – Participant Expression of Interest
We are collaborating with the Westside CoHousing Collective to establish a building group in Melbourne's west.
The current members of Westside are wanting to grow their community.
They would like to find more like-minded people to help shape their vision for a more collaborative lifestyle in Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Brimbank or Moonee Valley.
They want to create a sustainable and self governing community in the Inner West of Melbourne, featuring private housing with communal facilities that promote resource sharing and community interaction.
The project aims to deliver:
- An intergenerational and mixed tenure community which provides long-term connection, belonging and joy for residents
- Around 30 well designed high quality townhouses and/or apartments with a mixture of dwelling sizes
- High performing and energy efficient homes
- Communal spaces with green spaces and opportunities for social connection, collaboration and resource sharing
- A truly participatory design process
Our target time frame for the project is to:
- Establish a core Collective in mid-late 2023
- Acquire a site in late 2023-early 2024
- 3-4 year development with completion in 2027-2028
Find out more
If you are interested in getting involved with Westside, the first step is to please complete our short Expression of Interest (EoI) survey. We will register everyone who submits an EoI for upcoming information sessions.
You can also watch the video below from a recent Westside online information session we held on Program, Finance & Membership.
To find out more general information on how these projects work watch our Building Group videos or read our FAQs.