Byron Bay Collective – July 2020 Participant Expression of Interest
We are collaborating with Byron Bay resident and ethical housing leader Jessie Summons (founder of Good Designs) to determine whether there is enough local interest in establishing the first citizen-led housing project in Byron Shire.
Its no secret that Byron Shire has one of the most expensive real estate markets in Australia. This makes Byron one of the toughest markets for local residents to buy into, especially younger people and families on middle incomes.
The project aims to deliver:
- Long term stability for local residents
- Around 5 well designed high quality sustainable townhouses and/or apartments
- Demonstrate the potential for "at cost" baugruppen housing in Byron Shire.
Our target time frame for the project is to:
- Establish the Collective in mid-late 2020
- Acquire a site in late 2020-early 2021
- ~3 year development
- Completion in 2024
Find out more
If you are interested in finding out more and potentially getting involved, please complete our short survey and register for our upcoming information session via the links below:
Step 1 - Complete our Expression of Interest survey - click here
Step 2 - Check out the project landing page - click here
You can also review our FAQs to find out more general information on how these projects work.